Join the Choir
Medieval Women’s Choir welcomes you!
The Medieval Women’s Choir is open to ALL women in the Seattle area interested in studying and performing medieval music. The choir is a warm and welcoming group, which treasures the opportunity to sing this remarkable music in a friendly and supportive environment. Current members range in age from 25 to 80; almost half the members have sung with the choir for at least a decade, and many since the choir’s inception in 1990.
- The choir rehearses in the Green Lake area of Seattle.
- Rehearsals are held every Monday evening from 7:00–9:00 p.m., with occasional rehearsals as announced
- Weekly rehearsals begin in late September/early October and conclude in late May/early June
- The Choir performs three concerts per season, at various venues; outreach performances at libraries, city hall, senior centers, schools
- Concerts are performed with scores; no memorization is required
- During the week of the concert, there are typically several dress rehearsals in addition to the concert performance
- Annual dues are $350, with no participation in ticket sales or fundraising required
- Dues cover all costs of music, plus a complimentary ticket and/or an option to purchase tickets at a reduced price for each concert
- The choir offers a limited number of scholarships; please contact the Manager for information
Joining the Choir
We do not require a formal audition; however, some music reading ability is needed.
If there are no vacancies in the choir, you can add your name to the waiting list at any time.
Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Mailing address with zip code
- Home telephone number
- Email address
- Brief description of your musical experiences
If you prefer, you may mail your waitlist information to the following address:
Medieval Women’s Choir
P.O. Box 19403
Seattle, WA 98109