About the Choir
“This music takes me to another place”
Watch our video introduction to the Medieval Women’s Choir, a unique choir open to all women in the Seattle area. Featuring music from the choir’s Sun, Moon, and Stars concerts (March 15–16, 2014) along with testimonials from audience and choir members.
The MWC illuminates the Medieval world by celebrating the vitality of its rare and beautiful music. We offer all Seattle area women the opportunity to grow as singers by sharing these ancient masterworks in high-quality performances.
The Medieval Women’s Choir envisions a future where the beautiful and transporting musical repertoire of the Middle Ages is more broadly available to the community.
Who We Are
- One of the only non-professional choirs in the United States to specialize in medieval repertoire
- Open to all women in the Seattle area interested in studying and performing medieval music
- A friendly and supportive environment for singers at any level
- A warm and welcoming group of women of all ages and walks of life
What We Do
- We sing in many languages, with dialectic variations from the period, along with translations
- We perform repertoire with instrumentalists on period instruments, as well as vocal soloists